WOW! offers a Competitive starting wage + Sign-on bonus + Stock Grant + Incentives + Excellent Benefits Package
How else can we get you excited to join a company that has won the “Best Places to Work National Award”?
- Sign on bonus of $5,000*!
- Quarterly bonuses based on incentive programs
- We offer a robust benefits package with all the bells and whistles you can imagine, including: medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k matching, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, FlexPay
- Receive a company vehicle and home garaging with smart routing, company gas card, tools, professional uniform, and personal protective equipment to do your best and stay safe
*½ paid at 90 days, ½ at 180 days
*Sign-On bonus restrictions apply to rehires
You could be a part-owner of WOW!
Every person hired into a full-time position at WOW! is eligible to a one-time restricted stock grant! When the price of WOW!’s stock increases, so does the value of your shares - Ask your recruiter for more details!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain, service and repair hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) broadband communication network and components.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Trouble-shoot and repair problems in HFC networks
- Test, balance, align and adjust components, cables and equipment used to amplify and process signals in both directions (Downstream and return path) including system sweep.
- Perform maintenance, testing and repair on HFC network power supplies
- Splice and activate fiber optic cables, nodes, transmitters and receivers
- Assist in training activities
- Perform emergency fiber restoration
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Identify and report all incidents of non compliance (FCC, NESC, OSHA and WOW standards)
- Assure system security by following company procedures
- Provide superior customer service
- Complete all tasks to WOW! quality standards
- Represent WideOpenWest in a competent and professional manner to all customers, associates, and outside organizations
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
- Identify and repair any and all instances of signal leakage to ensure system conforms to F.C.C. Cumulative Leakage Index requirements and company standards
- Perform plant serviceability surveys
- Other duties as assigned, which may include cross functional assignments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to work independently
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Able to use assigned test equipment including but not limited to signal level meter (SLM), leakage detector, volt ohm meter, sweep receiver, underground locater and TDR
- Able to prioritize and organize assignments and responsibilities
- Able to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Able to handle customer concerns and time-critical issues
- Able to read street maps and system design prints
- Able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic knowledge of electronics and working knowledge of the operation of an HFC network are required. Two to four years of experience and related associates degree (or equivalent in training and experience) is preferred.
Basic computer skills are required including internet and email are needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran