SHL Medical is the leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
The Facilities Custodian maintains the company’s environmental cleaning and janitorial needs. They ensure that the facility is sanitized, cleaned, and looks its best for customers and staff. Their duties are to disinfect and perform sanitizing and detailed cleaning procedures, to keep the facility hygienic and safe for all visitors and staff. Candidate must be familiar with the facility’s basic safety protocols and OSHA regulations. Candidate will have strong knowledge of cleaning/disinfecting and an eye for detail. SHL is a pharmaceutical manufacturing company specializing in the production of auto-injectors or pen injectors, which requires a prominent level of cleaning, disinfecting, and an exceptional tidy facility.
- Maintains the cleaning/disinfecting for the Facility and other SHL sites.
- Ensure Facility looks its best and remains safe for visitors and staff.
- Duties Include: Sanitizing surfaces, dusting/microfiber mopping, dusting horizontal surfaces and high reach areas, cleaning restrooms, cleaning offices & conference rooms, sweeping & vacuuming, cleaning carpets and floors.
- Cleaning Glass surfaces, doors, ledges & baseboards.
- Stocks supplies in the facility: soaps & hand sanitizer, paper products/tissue, and cleaning chemicals.
- Removes Garbage/waste from the facility.
- Cleans cafeteria/staff common areas.
- Clean/disinfects Gowning rooms and production areas.
- Cleans warehouse areas and Dustmops Hallways/Corridors
- Performs floor Scrubbing/Cleaning with an auto scrubber.
- Performs basic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Cleans building entrances inside & outside.
- Cleans stairwells & Elevators.
- Must have an eye for detail cleaning and for safety.
- Perform all work assignments in a safe manner.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Reports issues to management and submits works orders in maintenance system.
- Ability to train and motivate, to achieve success.
- Be productive, and always meet department objectives.
- Assisting Facilities Team in preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Support in any Facilities needs/requests ordered by supervisor and other tasks assigned.
Skills and Qualification
- High School diploma or equivalent. (2) years’ experience in Janitorial Cleaning/professional housekeeping. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Environmental cleaning experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical manufacturing is Highly preferred.
- Basic reading and writing skill required.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
- Knowledge of general cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Must be a well-organized, detail and customer oriented.
- Problem-solving Skills
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, including FDA regulations and OSHA requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion of the employee’s direct supervisor.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Able to move throughout assigned areas, as the work is performed primarily out-of-doors, year-round on uneven ground and grave with prolonged walking or standing, frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching daily
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phones, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
Travel or Special Requirements:
- Driving during the workday as well as local, out-of-state, and/or international travel may be required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work Holidays and Weekends schedule.
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast-growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.