Facilities Services Lead (Custodian & Security)
Facilities Services Lead (Custodian & Security)
SHL Medical is the leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
The Facilities Services Lead, maintains and guides the company’s Security Team and Commercial Janitorial services. Their duties are to assist and execute negotiating contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations, and to make sure the facility is exceptionally clean and tidy. Team leader will schedule routine cleaning, security activities & safety training. The Facilities Service Lead schedules daily services to keep the building’s interior & exterior attractive and hygienic. They assess the costs of maintaining workspaces and make recommendations for becoming more efficient. The candidate must have a strong sense of urgency and not put off tasks, instead take the initiative to resolve them as quickly as possible.
- Guiding the Cleaning/Custodial services tasks for the site and corporate housing
- Performs Interior cleaning of company sites, removal of trash, and housekeeping duties.
- Trains, evaluates and assists Janitorial Laborers in all the essential functions of their assigned duties.
- Assists and supports security team activities: Surveillance monitoring and performing security rounds.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Use and care for small power tools and cleaning equipment utilized in the building trades.
- Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting corporate housing cleaning/housekeeping needs if necessary.
- Must understand basic principles of safety protocols and identify security needs.
- Maintain 100% accountability of all assigned tasks/equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to train, motivate others to achieve success, be productive, and always meet department objectives.
- Ability to resolve issues and recommend actions to improve delivery of services to the customers if necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and SharePoint
- Advanced Housekeeping and Executive suite cleaning abilities
- Ability to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitoring the safety, security, and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, outdoor recreation spaces, and corporate housing
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed in the site & corporate housing.
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors as required.
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as completing maintenance orders
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety, and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
Skills and Qualification
- High School diploma or equivalent. (5) years of relevant experience
- Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Environmental cleaning experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of general high level cleaning methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Must be a well-organize & detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively manage and motivate staff.
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent in troubleshooting and solving problems.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion of the employee’s direct supervisor.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Able to move throughout assigned areas, as the work is performed primarily out-of-doors, year-round on uneven ground and grave with prolonged walking or standing, frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching daily.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phones, and printers, traffic light).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
Travel or Special Requirements:
- Driving during the workday as well as local, out-of-state, and/or international travel may be required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work Holidays and Weekends schedule and off hours if necessary.
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast-growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.