Lead Material Handler
Lead Material Handler
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5,000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
The Lead Material Handler position is responsible for training all material handlers on equipment and PDA’s, movement of material and operation of Material movement equipment in the building by performing the following duties.
- Training material handlers on Material handling equipment.
- Training material handlers on PDA’s.
- Maintaining Process Driven movement with strict adherence to safety and process procedures.
- Store materials as designated by Warehouse, Quality, and Operations.
- Unload deliveries at Shipping & Receiving areas.
- Perform system transactions necessary to accurately reflect actions, via scanning.
- Label, package, identify and count received items.
- Ensure that the Warehouse is neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Picking & Staging
- Loading & Unloading racks & trucks
- Put-Aways / Inventory Control
- Cycle counts
- Take new direction and implement the new task or process
- Be proficient in all warehouse equipment use.
- Ensure daily maintenance checks are complete.
- Ability to work with a group.
- other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualification
- Forklift Driving Experience
- Material Movement equipment experience.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Knowledge of warehouse and inventory concepts in a distribution environment preferred.
- Experience working in highly regulated industry such as Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, etc.
- Computer literate – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, SAP.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; college degree preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to degree or combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast-growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents to our Talent Acquisition Department at RecruitUS@shl-group.com.
For more information on SHL Medical, please visit: shl-medical.com