Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Charleston, South Carolina, US
Reporting to: Head of Continuous Improvement
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
The CI Manager will work with SHL’s Charleston & Deerfield site’s different business functions within the organization to improve manufacturing, operations processes, and other functions’ efficiency using lean methodology concepts and other improvement tools. The CI Manager will lead and support CI programs and lean transformation to promote lean culture, workplace safety, improve quality & process efficiency, and achieve a world-class lean manufacturing facility.
The CI Manager will also help to identify & analyze improvement opportunities to have clear visibility of benefits that will rationalize the management approval and execution. The role may also require leading, managing, and/or supporting medium-scale cross-functional projects that are aligned with site goals, operational excellence initiatives, and best practices.
Educate and train employees to effectively use the CI tools to support company growth, scale-up, and achieve the business goal. This also includes the facilitation of some CI-related activities and workshops.
- Facilitate and drive Continuous Improvement program to promote lean culture in the organization.
- Lead, coach, and mentor CI Engineers/Lean Champions to become an independent driver and promoter of continuous improvement.
- Train and educate employees with Lean tools and techniques in line with the CI training program to be able to promote Lean culture and create awareness.
- Spearhead cost-saving initiative’s justification in line with identified Lean/CI projects.
- Support the achievement of set performance objectives (KPIs) of key Operations/Technical/Quality workstreams. Propose action plans in collaboration with the Lean Champion.
- Focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste & improve customer satisfaction with lean tools and methodologies.
- Conduct process analysis and being able to simulate or build models of processes, carrying out VSM (Value Stream Mapping) and guiding the implementation of e.g., SMED, Visual management, Kanban/Pull system, Kaizen, 6S, routine Gemba Walk, etc.
- Transform company culture with a strong focus on lean processes and best 6S practices.
- Responsible for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean/CI activities/Sustainability initiatives/OEx strategies aimed at improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, cost, and sustainability.
- Promote 5 Lean Principles that align with SHL culture strategies and values.
- Undertake other duties as appropriate within his/her competence, as required by superior from time to time.
Skills and Qualification
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent operational excellence experience.
- 5-8 years experience in a lean or high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Analytical and capable of performing analysis for any type of information/data using descriptive and enumerative statistical methods.
- Ability to utilize Lean and/or Continuous improvement tools to generate meaningful and quantifiable improvement.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs such as office applications and statistical analysis software e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Minitab, etc.
- Good command of English communication skills, both in speaking and writing; and experienced in technical report writing.
- Pro-active & Result-oriented Leader, Assertive, Critical Thinker, Systematic, Problem Solver, Quality conscious, Customer Focus, Agile, Organized, Team Player, Decisive, Approachable, Attention to details, & Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Process Improvement, Change Management, & PMP
- Training/Workshop Facilitation
- Technical Writing
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.