Business Development Manager, USA
Business Development Manager, USA
Reporting to Head of Business Development, US
Location: Boston/Cambridge, MA, USA (Remote/Hybrid)
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
As a Manager in Business Development, you will help to ensure the continued growth of SHL Medical with a focus on the Boston/Cambridge biotech ecosystem through the sales of development projects for new combinations of drug and delivery device. You will identify growth possibilities, generate leads, convert them into concrete opportunities, and support with negotiations. Until a development agreement is signed, you will be the external and internal point of contact for existing and prospective customers.
- Business development strategy support: Identify growth opportunities for our development projects for drug delivery devices, specifically autoinjectors, in the Boston/Cambridge, MA area. Provide respective input to the design of the business development strategy and support with implementation of the strategy.
- Lead generation and nurturing: Generate and nurture leads with existing and prospective customers in the assigned region. Develop new opportunities to up-sell (e.g., from platform to bespoke) and cross-sell (e.g., to SHL pharma). Secure a deep understanding of the customers’ technical and commercial needs, continuously expand the network of and influence over critical stakeholders, and create interest in SHL Medical’s solutions.
- Opportunity conversion: Act as the main contact along the sales process until the development agreement is signed. Develop and present pitches, quotations, and proposals. Deepen customer relationships creating trust, credibility, and availability and advise customers in their decision-making. Provide input to the creation of development agreements and support in negotiations.
- Company representation: Represent SHL at trade shows and conferences to present our new technologies and products, including local events. Communicate what differentiates SHL from competitors and create general interest in our solutions. Network globally with technical, operational, legal, finance, and other internal stakeholders to properly and efficiently act as the face of SHL to our customers.
- Account handover: Secure the signed development agreement and hand the account over to the Account Management team. Facilitate a successful transition into the development phase of the project.
Skills and Qualification
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (technical, business, medical, etc.). Master’s degree or further education are considered a plus.
- Commercial expertise: Experience in business development, sales, and / or account management with deep knowledge and passion for business-to-business sales processes involving complex and technical products, with long sales cycles and multiple stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to drive business growth.
- Industry knowledge: Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, med-tech, primary packaging, secondary packaging, and / or drug delivery device industry.
- Stakeholder management: Ability to drive forward the commercial agenda based on in-depth experience in building up, engaging with, and managing stakeholder groups from diverse cultural backgrounds, internal and external audiences, and varying levels of seniority.
- Project management: Strong sales project management skills with proven ability to initiate, scope, set up, drive opportunities along the sales process. Ability to maintain demanding timelines and flexibility to master a workload which frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities.
- Analysis and problem solving: Strong analytical, problem-solving, and ideation skills. Able to turn problems into impactful solutions and communicate these in simple and easy to understand messages.
- Presentation and communication skills: Proven ability to build convincing narratives and present business cases. Attentive listening and persuasion skills.
- Overseas travel: Willingness and flexibility to travel overseas for up to 30% of working time.
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English. Other language skills are considered an advantage.
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents via the Easy Apply button or directly to RecruitUS@shl-group.com.
For more information on SHL Medical, please visit: linkedin.com/company/shlmedical/life
Is this not quite what you are looking for? Further interesting career opportunities can be found on: shl-medical.com/careers
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.