DET - Senior DFM Electronic Engineer
【About SHL Medical】
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the Unites States.
As a Senior DFM Electronic Engineer in our Development Emerging Technologies department (DET), you will play an important role on successful implementation of future electrical and electro-mechanical medical device development programs.
During the design phase, your mission is to cooperate with design team to ensure all DFM requirements have been considered in the design from different perspectives.
You will cooperate and coordinate all activities with external electronics suppliers, development partners, and PCBA manufacturers.
● Review the electronic design (Schematic and Layout) to ensure they meet the regulatory and industrial design requirements.
● Cooperate and coordinate activities with external electronics suppliers and development partners.
● Participate in component selection of new electrical architecture of a product.
● Leading the manufacturing activities for electronic designs from DET side and responsible for the debugging and testing related activities and reports.
● Report and facilitate information and your electrical design expertise during all phases of a product to the team leader or project manager or system engineer.
● On-time the project samples deliverables and quality as well as assigned.
● Providing recommendations and suggestions in the review activities before the project’s sample build.
● Project deliverables, documentation, and quality as well as reporting to relevant stakeholders as assigned.
● Participate in risk assessments and design reviews.
● Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with the team on technical aspects and accomplish all necessary tasks on time.
● Supervise technicians and junior engineers, provided training and instruction whenever necessary.
【Skills and Qualification】
● Degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences
● 3+ years of relevant industry experience as electronic related DFM engineer
● Strong knowledge and understanding of design for manufacture
● Well Knowledge and background in the process for the PCBA assembly House
● Familiar with IPC [preferred]
● Familiar with NPI [preferred]
● Familiar with Altium [preferred]
● Good verbal and written communication skill in both English and Mandarin
Work location : Xizhi office