Sr. MES Software Engineer
Sr. MES Software Engineer
Location: Charleston, South Carolina, US
Reporting to: Chief Digital Implementation Officer (Interim)
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
The Senior MES Software Engineer will be an integral member of the PLM/MES&IT-OT team pushing technical advancement of the manufacturing execution system.
In cooperation with the business owners, the Senior MES Software Engineer will be working on the planning, assessment, proposing and implementing solutions fulfilling business requirements in MES system. Together with the PLM/MES&IT-OT team, the Senior MES Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, testing and deployment of solutions for manufacturing. This position will support business departments to improve operational performance and capability in our manufacturing facilities.
- Align requirements with software and systems capabilities and provide feasible solutions to business owners
- Develop, plan and implement manufacturing solution(s) incl. MES, PLM, CIM and integration aspects according to industry best practices to support improvement efforts for operational performance
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, and protocols that sufficiently document alignment between code changes and business requirements
- Provide end-user support on applications supported
- Provide solid knowledge and expertise in Siemens Opcenter and PAC solution portfolio, such as modeling, CDO and CLF changes to materialize solution design
Skills and Qualification
- University degree, ideally in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or related majors
- 5+ years of development experience with Siemens Opcenter/CAMSTAR technologies such as CDO, CLF, Designer, Opcenter Portal, Portal studio, modeling, MOM connect, Opcenter intelligence, or Opcenter client
- Experience in customized integration development by using Opcenter WCF services & .NET API & MIO
- Strong understanding of integration approaches with systems like SAP (ERP), Opcenter Client, and Siemens Teamcenter (PLM)
- Technical understanding with manufacturing technologies such as PLC, OPC, Euro map, SCADA, Historian, S88 and ISA S95
- Experience in supporting manufacturing and operations systems, such as MES, CIM, PAC, EAP
- Knowledge of industry standards S88 and ISA S95, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), GAMP 5, computer systems validation concept, FDA 21 CFR part 11, data integrity principles and documentation standards are preferred
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents to our Talent Acquisition Department at RecruitUS@shl-group.com.
Please note: For this position, we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.Apply for this job