Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Molding Technology
Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Molding Technology
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
This role is embedded in the Manufacturing Engineering group within our Global Operations Engineering team at our new state-of-the-art device manufacturing facility in North Charleston, South Carolina.
- Together with the rest of your team you will support the production of injection molded components for our autoinjector systems
- Lead engineering responsibility for molds, component manufacturing and corresponding processes within our production system
- Collaborate closely with shopfloor production technicians, tool makers and maintenance, quality and process development on performance/process improvements and trouble shooting
- Lead the development of improvement plans and requirements for capacity expansion and future mold generations and production setups
- Lead improvement initiatives and capacity deployment in injection molding
- Responsible for manufacturing acceptance of new molds in regular production
- Lead and perform validation activities for new molding assets and processes as necessary
- Support Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and definition of manufacturing requirements for new products
Skills and Qualification
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science or similar education/experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience with hands-on experience with multi-cavity hot runner injection molding systems
- Thorough understanding of mold and machine setup, molding machine operation, process optimization, as well as mold design/function.
- Thorough understanding and excellent hands-on experience with auxiliary equipment (i.e. Hot runners, controllers, Polymer dryers, Thermolator, Mold heaters, robot/take out systems, etc.).
- Knowledge of engineering resin characteristics / validation of new polymer materials and molding processes for medical grade polymers
- Statistical analysis knowledge, including an understanding of how to execute Design of
- Experiments (DOE). Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Knowledge of common problem-solving and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies
- Ability to work independent with strong attention to detail and focus on efficiency, effectiveness and cost
- Passionate & committed self-starter with “can do” attitude, team player and taking responsibility to get the job done
- Previous exposure to a highly regulated industry (e.g. medical, pharmaceutical) and knowledge of relevant standards (e.g. ISO13485, cGMP) is a plus
- Willingness to work from/relocate to Charleston, South Carolina is required.
- Willingness to initially spend an extended period in our facility in Taiwan for induction/training is a plus
- Excellent intercultural and interdisciplinary communication skills
Please note: For this position we consider both Senior and Principal Engineers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents to our Talent Acquisition Department at RecruitUS@shl-group.com.Apply for this job