Senior Logistics Systems Engineer
Senior Logistics Systems Engineer
SHL Medical is the world-leading solution provider in the design, development, and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto-injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018, with sites in Sweden, Taiwan, and the United States.
This role is embedded in the Manufacturing Engineering group within our Global Operations Engineering team at our new state-of-the-art device manufacturing facility in North Charleston, South Carolina.
- Together with the rest of your team you will lead the development and implementation of SHL’s new material management / intralogistics layout and warehouse system
- Development and implementation of automated warehouse management, storage and transportation systems including ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval System, AGV/RGV, conveyor, Palletizer, De-palletizers, robots, etc.)
- Provide feedback on the design and optimize site layouts for production, material flow, construction, and facilities.
- Work with internal operations and material flow engineering teams to ensure that equipment and layout designs align with the overall material flow plan and vision for the factory
- Material Flow Equipment: Develop equipment specifications and requirements based on product constraints / Provide design layouts and equipment solutions / Conduct equipment design reviews and provide design guidance to vendors.
- Partner with Analytics teams to derive KPIs for connected material flow systems
- Develop models for inventory growth and optimization as the product ramps
- Develop and sustain parts flow within the factory using SHL’s internal Material Flow Systems
- Develop standard operating procedures for various functions and processes and perform a successful handoff to operations teams
- Provide technical leadership support to Project Managers to drive planning, implementation and project execution with the team
Skills and Qualification
- Degree in Engineering, Logistics or similar discipline
- Several years of relevant industry experience in Manufacturing / Automation / Production Scale-up or Operations/Logistics
- Knowledge of automated material handling / warehouse systems, production logistics, end of line installations, warehouse transportation
- Experience in commissioning Material Handling, WMS / WCS, order fulfilment and warehouse automation in an engineering discipline
- Experience in ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems) warehouse systems, AGV, conveyance, logistics, distribution, RFID and Material Flow Methods is highly preferred
- Experience designing greenfield facility layouts and/or material flow is a plus
- Knowledge of best practice in Systems Engineering and multi-disciplined project management
- Passionate & committed self-starter with “can do” attitude, team player and taking responsibility to get the job done
- Ability to work independent with strong attention to detail and focus on efficiency, effectiveness and cost
- Ability to assess and solve complex issues and tackle problems with limited initial information.
- Previous exposure to a highly regulated industry (e.g. medical, pharmaceutical) and knowledge of relevant standards (e.g. ISO13485, cGMP) is a plus
- Willingness to work from/relocate to Charleston, South Carolina is required.
- Willingness to initially spend an extended period in our facility in Taiwan for induction/training is a plus
- Excellent intercultural and interdisciplinary communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
- Competitive compensation package
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Challenging assignments in a fast growing and innovative industry
- Position in a dynamic, international team of highly skilled professionals
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development within a global organization
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? Then we look forward to receiving your application including your CV, motivation letter, and all other relevant documents to our Talent Acquisition Department at RecruitUS@shl-group.com.Apply for this job