SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support the USMC in North Charleston, SC. This position will require a public trust clearance. SAIC will sponsor qualified candidates for a security clearance.
This work primarily entails oversite of the MADIS and L-MADIS (Marine Air Defense Integrated System and Light-Marine Air Defense Integrated System) by implementing/maintaining systems utilized on military vehicle platforms. These assets include optics, radar, and detection capabilities on the JLTV (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle), Polaris MRZR, Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTV), and Ultra-Light Tactical Vehicle (ULTV).
- Develops static and dynamic design and analysis of electrical systems, equipment, and packages.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Provide direct support to the program manager on technical issues.
- Prepare variance documentation as required to address TDP or manufacturing issues.
- Support vendor and sub-contractor variance and or ECP efforts to gain government approval.
- Maintain dialog with program management and integration team staff to resolve technical issues.
- Support the generation of reports for engineering studies and investigations relating to identified technical issues impacting the program.
- Review and approve technical deliverables to the government for accuracy, clarity, and recommended acceptance.
- Support the review of drawings and specifications in support of procurement actions to ensure vendors are properly qualified, responsive, understand the nuances of the product, and have mitigated fabrication risk.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s and two (2) years or more experience; master’s and 0 years related experience.
- Must have design experience.
- Must have working knowledge 3D CAD or AutoCAD.
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- CREO & SolidWorks experience.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.