Senior Electrical Engineer
SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer Sr to join our team of professionals executing complex system integration efforts for the Navy and United States Marines Corps in Charleston, SC.
This work primarily entails design and development of innovative electrical architecture solutions for defined technical problems. A subset of the developed solutions will be comprised of electro-mechanical systems validated in a systems integration laboratory (SIL) and on operational demonstrator systems that will require embedded system design awareness.
Relevant work includes confirmation of cable/harness routings and specification of the harnesses (connectors/termination, conductors, shielding, marinization, abrasion sleeves, etc.), test stand build-up, laboratory testing of components and subsystems, and control system software development support. Work will be conducted in our North Charleston office space as well as our system integration lab located in Hanahan, SC.
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems.
- Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use. May also review vendors' abilities to support development.
- Designs and develops electrical schematics, cable and harness drawings.
- Conducts feasibility studies and concepts validated through laboratory testing on new and modified designs.
- Manages power budget for simulation hardware designs and tracks all signal I/O in accordance with provided hardware solutions.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- System designs will require emulation of shipboard systems through integration of special effects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s and five (5) years or more experience.
- Direct electrical architecture experience in schematic, harness and cable development.
- Ability to read and develop electrical schematics, interconnects, etc.
- Hands-on system design, build-up, and hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- SolidWorks or CREO experience. Any 2D/3D experience is a plus.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.