Modeling and Simulation Analyst
SAIC is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Analyst to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan or Charleston, South Carolina to support the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program.
NOTE: This position can be worked fully remote.
SAIC is looking for motivated, innovative, career and customer-oriented individuals to join our team in support of a military vehicle effort and provide modeling and simulation, systems design analysis with architecture concepts, systems, technologies, and capabilities that enable improvements for U.S. Army military vehicle capabilities. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness with the ability to apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts in support of the Army’s mission.
Performs analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems. Performs analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues, and reviews test plans to ensure MOEs address operational requirements using modeling and simulation tools and techniques. Reviews plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assists in the development of training for operational personnel. Applies operations research methodology to defining and formulating economic analyses and related benefit, cost, and risk studies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, and verifying simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments that enable key program and architectural decisions.
- Generating analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
- Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system.
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools.
- Quantifying performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Working closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractor, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S Army
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience working in an Agile team/framework
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tool
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Strong technical background in vehicle mechanics and dynamics
- Experience in systems modeling, simulation, architecture, analysis, design trades and alternatives
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
Must be able to obtain a Secret Security clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.