Software Test Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Software Test Engineer to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan or Charleston, South Carolina.
NOTE: This position can be worked fully remote.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for providing input to project release plans that cover project inception through delivery and on-going operational maintenance. They will be expected to analyze and solve complex testing related problems; review other developers and tester’s work products for correctness, adherence to the project design concept and user standards. Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
- Analyzing complex requirements and design documents to develop test plans and test cases
- Executing manual test cases; documenting actual results during execution; reviewing the test results and reporting anomalies (if any) into the defect tracking database
- Developing new automation scripts and updating existing scripts to meet the newly added functionalities
- Executing automated test scripts; reporting execution results and identifying unsuccessful execution (if any)
- Executing Load/Performance testing by running the load test scripts and generating the load test execution results reports
- Tracking the defects from creation to closure; documenting detail description of defect and working with developers to reproduce
- Deploying software to test environments and monitoring server logs during testing and identify errors and/or unexpected log entries
- Participating and/or facilitating the test case peer review meetings and providing feedback making sure that developed test cases meet the client requirements
- Assisting with generation of Requirements Traceability Matrixes (RTM), maintaining regression test database, and creating test reports at the end of each testing phase
- Performing an internal quality assurance check on all deliverables to ensure they are complete, accurate, and adhere to the client’s standards
- Providing assistance to business analyst with business/functional requirements and developers with technical requirements
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Strong knowledge of system and software testing throughout the lifecycle including integration and testing methodologies and best practices
- Ability to analyze complex requirements and design documents to create detailed test cases and scripts
- Expertise in executing test cases and documenting actual results, identifying software defects and creating test reports
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Basic Knowledge of Structured Query Language
- Experience with configuration management and version control tools such as Atlassian suite, JIRA and/or Subversion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Must be able to obtain a Secret Security clearance; Interim Secret clearance required to start.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.