Digital Thread Architect
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Digital Thread Architect to join our energized Engineering Innovation Factory Team of digital engineers to define and build the Digital Engineering Ecosystem; a packaged digital thread solution that fuels the Digital Engineering Transformation across our entire industry. Our work creating digital ecosystems span an exciting variety of programs, customers and corporate initiatives requiring Digital Engineering and Model Based Enterprise applications and infrastructure deployed in Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security environments. This job can be performed anywhere within the U.S – preference on Charleston, SC., Huntsville, AL, or Reston, VA.
As part of our Engineering Innovation Factory Team, you will be responsible for leading the creation of visionary and innovative technical solutions for our Digital Thread platform. This role will include hands-on writing of technical business processes, data models, use cases and supporting technical execution. The candidate will work closely with our Chief Architect and Project Manager to architect solutions and identify the resources needed for execution.
The ideal candidate will have a history of leading and developing technical solutions by applying systems engineering, systems modeling, product lifecycle management, modeling and simulation, and related techniques, tools, and methodologies to construct, steward, curate, and leverage end-to-end digital content for internal and client programs.
· Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
· Experience with of product development and various processes
· Subject matter expertise and ability to take ownership of assigned work
· Demonstrated experience in an agile environment (scrum, Safe, etc)
· Document solution configurations and use cases
· Test applications and build test cases and scenarios
· Coach members of your teams, sharing skills and motivation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of experience, or Masters and 7+ years of experience, or a PhD and 4+ years of experience. Will consider an additional 4+ years of experience in lieu of education
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance as needed
- At least 3 years of experience with large software development including enterprise applications like PLM, ERP, MES
- Expertise with Agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum, etc)
- Basic understanding of domain specific tools like CAD, CAM, MBSE/SysML, CAE/Simulation, Testing, etc.
- Must be able to write clear, understandable Requirements, SOW, Specification documents, and Use Cases.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.