Digital Engineer Sustainment Lead
SAIC is seeking a Digital Engineer - Sustainment Lead to join our energized Engineering Innovation Factory Team of solution architects and digital engineers to define and build the Digital Engineering Ecosystem, a packaged digital thread solution that fuels the Digital Engineering Transformation across our entire industry. Our work creating digital ecosystems span an exciting variety of programs, customers and corporate initiatives requiring Digital Engineering and Model Based Enterprise applications and infrastructure deployed in Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security environments. This job can be performed anywhere within the U.S.
As part of our Engineering Innovation Factory Team, you will be responsible for leading sustainment/continuous improvement and deploying new Digital Engineering solutions for our internal and external customers to include both cloud-based and on-prem solutions across multiple security domains. You will engage with other digital engineering subject matter experts and foster broader understanding of the Digital Engineering ecosystem to assist them in developing digital work products and connecting them to the Digital Ecosystem. You will also be required to engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our digital engineering capabilities, and to mentor others on our solutions and standards.
- Lead development of unique software solutions for various domains in the lifecycle of a system
- Provide technical expertise and direction to team members to ensure on target solutions
- Work with Chief Architect and Project Manger to ensure development activities meet technical and schedule commitments
- Subject matter expertise and ability to take ownership of projects
- Create integrations to domain specific tools from our PLM platform
- Document solution configurations and use cases
- Identify and fix problems, and continually improve solutions along the way
- Test applications and build test cases and scenarios
- Coach members of your teams, sharing skills and motivation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of experience, or Masters and 7+ years of experience, or a PhD and 4+ years of experience. Will consider an additional 4+ years of experience in lieu of education
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance as needed
- Demonstrated experience implementing/customizing a major PLM system (Aras Innovator, Dassault Systèmes 3DExperience, PTC Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter)
- Must be able to write clear, understandable Requirements, SOW, Specification documents, and Use Cases.
- Experience with Agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum, etc) in a project leadership capacity
- Experience with Agile project management tools such as Jira, Azure DevOps, etc
- Data modeling & experience creating custom PLM solutions
- Proven ability to create custom domain focused solutions (preferably within a PLM environment)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- PLM certification or relevant industry experience in the PLM field
- Solid understanding of domain specific tools like CAD, CAM, MBSE/SysML, CAE/Simulation, Testing, etc., their data models, and APIs
- Industry knowledge of multiple of the following areas to enhance customer collaboration: Configuration Management processes (CMII), Phase Gate Project Management, Model Based Definition/ASME Y14.x, TDP/MIL-STD-31000, Quality systems processes, DFMEA, PFMEA, CAPA, CNC Machining/GCODE, Manufacturing Process Planning, Simulation Data / Process Management, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), IOT/IIOT
- Lean/Six Sigma/Kaizen experience in a production environment
- Experience developing IT network architecture as applied to a PLM environment including database services, application services, web services as applied to an enterprise PLM environment
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.