Engineering Technician I
SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician I in North Charleston, SC.
- Will be primarily tasked with performing moderate to complex vehicle integration tasks to include cable routing, metal work installations, and technical support to integrate, install, modify, and perform upgrades in support of C5ISR systems.
- Provide occasional assistance to related support areas, including but not limited to kitting and warehouse operations.
- Read and follow integration documentation, written or verbal instructions, schematics, rough sketches, drawings and diagrams, layouts, and plans often requiring interpretation.
Must be able to safely complete all of the physical demands of the job in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to the following:
- Must be (or able to be) medically cleared by a doctor for powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) use.
- Must be able to maintain annual enrollment in SAIC’s Hearing Conservation Program and Respiratory Protection Program.
- Lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a regular basis.
- Walking, bending, stooping, sitting, standing or squatting for extended periods.
- Repeatedly manipulating and handling tools needed for installing electronics and metal work into vehicles. Familiar with the use and operation of power tools is necessary.
- Moving and arranging heavy cable supplies and electronic equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma with three (3) years of related experience doing any of the following: integration, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Active DoD clearance accepted.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customer's missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.