Subject Matter Expert Azure Cloud Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) Azure Cloud Engineer to join the Cloud One Operations and IL 6 team. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One Azure environments. This position is 100% onsite. Candidates must live near one of our SIPRnet facilitities.
The SME Azure Cloud Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One Common Computing Environment (CCE) program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data that will serve the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Army (USA). Cloud One incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USA’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA's IT operations.
Daily activities may include:
- Design, sustain, maintain, Azure environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to Azure
- Deploy Hybrid Azure AD environments
- Implement Azure security and monitoring solutions including automated responses
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Terraform, ARM templates, TFS/DevOps)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and seven (7) years or more experience; Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Required Clearance and Certification:
- Interim Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Security + or higher certification
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to Azure
- Knowledge of Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, etc.
- Ability to talk about all aspects and features of Azure
- 3 or more years of experience and advanced vendor certification with in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- Infrastructure as code
- Code driven development
- supporting USAF or USA software development projects
- Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Automation resourcing
Desired Skills and Certification:
- An AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
- SAFe DevOps certification
- Experience supporting software migration efforts
- Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.