CAD Drafter Technician
SAIC is seeking a CAD Drafter Technician to support the US Navy in North Charleston, SC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing design and drafting support to complete large complex assembly models and drawings.
Candidate will be an integral part of the team creating/updating Technical Data Packages; being familiar with ASME standards, Technical Data Packages, and military drawing standards desired. The Drafter / CAD Operator will coordinate frequently with the drafting team lead for current assignments, as well as coordinating with the project engineer, to meet the customer demands. The candidate will be required to occasionally travel, locally, to the customer's facility where the vehicles are located to work with the engineers and technicians to develop prototype mounting solutions. Efforts will be focused toward GFE and custom fabrication integration for military C4ISR systems.
- Provide drafting support to complete large complex parts, assemblies, and 2D drawings. Efforts will be focused toward GFE and custom metalwork/fabrication integration for military C4I systems.
- Drafting and documentation of equipment racks, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
- Working with project engineers and technicians to ensure all data is properly documented that is required to build the various assemblies and parts.
- Create detailed drawings/designs using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software and AutoCAD 2D for Technical Data Packages (TDP).
- Candidate will create/modify solid models and assemblies and maintain configuration management of engineering drawings.
- Candidate must be able to understand and create drawings based on the Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG) as well as MIL-STD-31000.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex tasks and uses tools to include calipers, gage tools, tape measures and other mechanical devices to aid in design, development, verification, and validation of the prototype fabrications.
- Candidate will be utilizing an advanced Configuration Management (CM) tool called “Windchill PDMLink” by PTC for storage and workflows of tasking to maintain CM.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Position of Trust Clearance at a minimum.
- Associates degree in related discipline and two (2) years related experience; or High school education or equivalent (GED) and four (4) years related experience.
- Experience designing with CREO (preferred), SolidWorks, or similar 3D modeling software, and AutoCAD.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment and able to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Key Skills/Certifications:
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-31000, Department of Defense (DoD) and industry documentation standards for Engineering and Design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical drawing creation and review.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customer's missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.