Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
SAIC is hiring a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud One team. The selected candidate will be part of a team developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One AWS cloud common services offered for development, integration, test, and production.
The Cloud Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations.
This position will be hybrid remote with work up to 80% onsite located at Gunter Air Force Base, Hanscom Air Force Base, Charleston, SC or Andrews Air Force Base. Candidates must have a flexible schedule to work any shift needed per the call volume on this 24/7 support desk.
- Design Azure environments and topologies
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to Azure
- Tools and Automation (Terraform, Ansible)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Interim Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Security + certification or higher required to start
- Nine (9) years or more of work experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing Infrastructure as Code, supporting automated deployment of Infrastructure using Terraform
- Experience implementing and integrating DevSecOps tool chains for Clouds to include some of the following:-Kubernetes design, deployment, operations, and sustainment
- Project Management Tools (e.g. Atlassian Tools, GitLab, GitHub, etc)
- Cloud Monitoring Tools (e.g. AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor/Sentinel, OCI Monitor, etc.)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (e.g. Apache Guacamole, Amazon Workspaces, Azure Virtual Desktop, etc.)
- Operations and Sustainment or System Administration of a DevSecOps Pipeline
- Identity Provider & Management
- Network Security
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with one or more or AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure- Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, F5, Barracuda
- Demonstrated experience with customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and participation in project planning
- Experience preparing technical documentation including design, asset inventory, diagrams.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and 14 years or more experience in an IT related field (Master's degree substitutes for 2 years experience)
- AF C1 Dev engineering, operations and sustainment
- Solutions Architect Professional certification
- IAT II Certification (or equivalent)
- CISSP (or IAT III equivalent) Certification
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider or other IT company highly desirable
- Experience supporting USAF or USA cloud or software development projects
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.