This position is contingent upon award, anticipated in Fall 2023.
The new program will enable analysis of advanced technology experiments in platforms and space systems. And additionally, generate STI in the form of designs, test plans, test reports, evaluations, and technical studies, as well as the recommended integration of prototype components and designs. Our team will conduct and support a wide range of defense-systems and weapons systems related studies, evaluations, and analysis of methods.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products.
- Plans and executes laboratory research.
- May also review and analyze data from research studies, develop reports and conclusions based on those data, make recommendations regarding areas of investigation needed in specific research program areas, develop program and product development plans to accomplish specific research/product goals, etc., and critiques/evaluates individual research projects and overall research programs.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, and may contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
- May participate in development of patent applications.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
- Will use advanced data reporting techniques, mathematics and statistics in order to conduct and report their research.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience, or additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- Have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: chemistry including biochemistry and medicinal chemistry, immunology, cell biology, biology, molecular biology, ecology, veterinary science, physics, genomics, bioinformatics, bacteriology, stem cell research, agronomy, agriculture and agricultural sciences, etc.
- Active Secret clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.