Senior Cloud Computing Engineer
SAIC is hiring a Senior Cloud Computing Engineer with an Interim Top Secret clearance. The candidate will be part of a team developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and Google Cloud Platforms common services offered for development, integration, test, and production. The Cloud Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI).
Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations. This position will be 100% on site with work located at Hanscom Air Force Base, Gunter Air Force Base, Charleston, SC, or Andrews Air Force Base.
- Interim Top Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Security + certification
- Hands on experience working in a Cloud Computing Environment: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud
- Experience implementing and integrating DevSecOps tool chains for Clouds to include some of the following: Kubernetes design, deployment, operations, and sustainment
- Project Management Tools (e.g. Atlassian Tools, GitLab, GitHub, etc)
- Cloud Monitoring Tools (e.g. AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor/Sentinel, OCI Monitor, etc.)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (e.g. Apache Guacamole, Amazon Workspaces, Azure Virtual Desktop, etc.)
- Operations and Sustainment or System Administration of a DevSecOps Pipeline
- Network Security/ Identity Provider & Management
- Experience preparing technical documentation including design, asset inventory, diagrams
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Tools and Automation (Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation)
- Five (5) years or more work experience
- Experience and advanced vendor certification and in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code, supporting automated deployment of Infrastructure using Terraform
- CISSP (or IAT III equivalent) Certification
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider or other IT company highly desirable
- Experience supporting USAF or USA cloud or software development projects
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.