SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to provide network security, support, installation, and system administration on the US Navy’s Computer Network Defense team in North Charleston, SC.
Job duties include:
- Responsible for implementing, administering, and troubleshooting of Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) system network infrastructures.
- Administration and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, and switches that may include Juniper, Forcepoint, Fortinet, F5, and Cisco products.
- Test and evaluation of new commercial and/or government developed network-based investigative tools.
- Deploy Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, patches, and perform modifications to ensure systems are protected against known exploits. Design, implement, and harden network security appliances (Linux and Windows system experience).
- Tracks trends and performs network analysis on the Navy infrastructure to determine security gaps and network configuration deficiencies.
- Tasking includes troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool (Remedy/ITSM).
Travel: Anticipated travel is up to 10%, both CONUS and OCONUS. Candidate must have or be able to obtain a US Passport.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years of experience; years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant technical field, to include: Application/Proxy Firewall and Central Manager, Session Border Controller, Stateful Firewall/IPS/VPN/Router and Central Manager.
- Have advanced knowledge of IP networking and protocols. Must be able to analyze network traffic at the packet level.
- Have solid working knowledge of: LAN/WAN infrastructures, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, network security, data backup/recovery systems.
- Have a solid understanding of current network security design best practices.
- Have a strong background in network and host based security (Firewall, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, etc.).
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- This position requires DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certifications:
- Must have one of the following security certifications: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, OR GCIH.
- Must also have network certification or certified training in one of the following technologies: Cisco (CCNA or CCNP), F5, or Forcepoint.
- This position requires a minimum of a Secret security clearance to start and will require a Top Secret to be obtained after on-boarding.
- Knowledge of virtual networking strongly desired.
- Knowledge of systems engineering activities and process improvement approaches.
- Knowledge of CND ashore and afloat systems.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.