Engineering Technician and Mechanic
SAIC is seeking an Engineering/Mechanic Technician II in North Charleston, SC.
- Will be primarily tasked with performing moderate to complex vehicle integration tasks to include cable routing, metal work installations, and technical support to integrate, install, modify, and perform upgrades in support of C5ISR systems.
- Read and follow integration documentation, written or verbal instructions, schematics, rough sketches, drawings and diagrams, layouts, and plans often requiring interpretation.
Be able to safely complete all of the physical demands of the job in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to the following:
- Lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on a regular basis.
- Walking, bending, stooping, sitting, standing or squatting for extended periods.
- Repeatedly manipulating and handling tools needed for installing electrical components, Mechanical parts and metal work into vehicles. Familiar with the use and operation of power tools is necessary.
- Move and arrange cable supplies and electronic equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma with five (5) years of related experience doing any of the following: integration, manufacturing; or maintenance.
- Mechanical automotive/Diesel repair experience of at least three (3) years or 1 year and certification /diploma preferred.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Public Trust security clearance. Active clearances accepted.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Something looks off?