CAD Design Engineer
SAIC is looking for a CAD/Design Engineer in Charleston, SC.
- Experience with solid modelling software (Creo/Windchill) to create models, assemblies, detailed drawings, and BOMs.
- Develops design solutions and manufacturing techniques for complex Naval structures.
- Performs design of mechanical and electrical systems, equipment and packages.
- Collaborates with Engineering for completion of model and drawing technical data package.
- Possesses knowledge of GD&T application in accordance with ASME standards.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
High School Diploma and eight (8) or more years experience.
- Experience with Creo (preferably the newest release – Creo 8)
- Experience operating within Windchill
- Experience/familiarity with Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic processes
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Something looks off?