Located near beautiful Charleston, SC, Parker’s Gas Turbine Power Generation business manufactures fuel nozzles for power generation and military aerospace applications. Our team is capable of “quick turn” new product introduction and design for manufacture. We pride ourselves in differentiating from our competitors by providing high technology solutions at unmatched lead times. Our core competencies include advanced metal joining, flow control, and non-destructive testing (NDT) and we are ISO 9001, AS9100, and NADCAP certified.
As primary technical resource, communicates and collaborates with power generation customers to optimize or enhance customer product designs to address both performance and manufacturing related issues.
- Interpret and evaluate customer documentation and convey those requirements to internal and external functions needed in the product realization process.
- Provide expert technical advice and propose methodologies for problem-solving with root cause analysis on customer issues or complex designs.
- Support production with competent technical information relative to manufacturing or processing techniques, materials and their properties, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Conduct analysis and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, equipment or processes and complete required documentation by determining required actions.
- Investigate and research new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required.
- Five or more years of experience in product engineering in a manufacturing environment required. Prior experience in industrial turbine fuel delivery systems or combustion highly preferred.
- Requires prior experience dealing with customers in the design, development, and project management of existing products as well as new products from initial concept to production release including material selection, cost reduction and ease of manufacture.
- Knowledge of stainless steel, nickel, and cobalt based super alloys and metal joining highly preferred.
- Experience with fuel flow scheduling, airflow requirements, thermal protection and spray quality highly preferred.
- CAD solid modeling experience and a working knowledge of GD&T per ASME/ ANSI Y14.5 preferred.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).