Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Business Operations
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryFOUNDATION DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the MUSC Foundation is to provide financial and other support to the Medical University of South Carolina and to MUSC Health. This happens in four primary ways:
Gifts – accept donations, perform fund accounting and reporting functions, process payments to MUSC beneficiaries.
Investments – manage over $650 million in long term and short term investments.
Real Estate – own $78 million of property for the benefit of MUSC.
Other MUSC Support – provide strategic advice and other support to MUSC.
POSITION REPORTS TO: CFO
EntityMedical University of South Carolina (MUSC - Univ)
Cost CenterCC001914 MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SC FOUNDATION
Pay Rate TypeSalary
$81,388 - $115,986 - $150,585
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, theories and terminology of accounting, banking, budgeting, financial management or investment.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to proficiently apply mathematical concepts.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data and reports.
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Organized, inquisitive, diligent, and self-directed.
- High standards of work quality and presentation.
Job Duties Provided by Department
- Responsible for the review of MUSC Foundation disbursement requests timely and within policy. Ensures that all Accounts Payable functions being managed properly. Responsible for ensuring that obligations of the MUSC Foundation are paid in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of recording financial transactions. Reviews and approves almost all general ledger activity that includes, journal entries, interfaces, and reconciliations to include investments, gifts, properties, liabilities, and other activities. Responsible for timely closeout process.
- Assist with monthly reporting package for Foundation leadership to include presentation of the monthly statements. Assist with preparation of financial reporting packages for MUSCF's Board of Directors quarterly meetings to include detail analyses and footnote disclosures to cover key points. Provides special reports and financial analyses as required by senior leadership.
- Responsible for managing the annual financial statement audit. Responsible for managing preparation of the 900 and 990T and other tax filings.
- Responsible for oversight of external reporting to departments within the MUSC enterprise and Institutional Advancement.
- Works collaboratively with Gift Processing and Funds Manager for operational effectiveness and efficiency and ensure accuracy of reporting. Responsible for working with team to implement process improvements.
- Serves as a liaison with administrative personnel and business managers concerning disbursement and project fund management issues. Provides guidance concerning appropriate treatment of expenditure requests and project fund management issues and MUSC Foundation policies and procedures. Assists customers with thinking strategically.
- Supervises the accounting and disbursement functions, currently four people in total. Ensure that team members are adequately trained and work to maintain a high standard of efficiency and effectiveness. Promotes professionalism of staff through coaching, counseling, and development of staff.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Requirements: A bachelor's degree with multiple accounting courses and seven years of experience directing accounting, auditing, banking, or finance functions. Some positions may require certification as a Certified Professional Accountant. Physical Requirements: (Note: The following descriptions are applicable to this section: Continuous - 6-8 hours per shift; Frequent - 2-6 hours per shift; Infrequent - 0-2 hours per shift) Ability to perform job functions in an upright position. (Frequent) Ability to perform job functions in a seated position. (Frequent) Ability to perform job functions while walking/mobile. (Frequent) Ability to work indoors. (Continuous) Ability to work in confined/cramped spaces. (Infrequent) Ability to bend at the waist. (Infrequent) Ability to squat and perform job functions. (Infrequent) Ability to fully use both hands/arms. (Continuous) Ability to perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders. (Frequent) Ability to reach in all directions. (Continuous) Possess good finger dexterity. (Continuous) Ability to maintain tactile sensory functions. (Continuous) Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs., unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to lift objects, up to 15 lbs., from floor level to height of 36 inches, unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to lower objects, up to 15 lbs., from height of 36 inches to floor level, unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to push/pull objects, up to 15 lbs., unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to maintain 20/40 vision, corrected. (Continuous) Ability to see and recognize objects close at hand. (Continuous) Ability to see and recognize objects at a distance. (Continuous) Ability to match or discriminate between colors. (Continuous) Ability to determine distance/relationship between objects; depth perception. (Continuous) Good peripheral vision capabilities. (Continuous) Ability to hear and/or understand conversations. (Continuous) Ability to perform gross motor functions with frequent fine motor movements. (Continuous) Additional New Requirements: Computer literacy.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees