Staff Accountant II
Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Business Operations
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryThe purpose of the MUSC Foundation is to provide financial and other support to the Medical University of South Carolina and to MUSC Health. This happens in four primary ways:
Gifts – accept donations, perform fund accounting and reporting functions, process payments to MUSC beneficiaries.
Investments – manage over $650 million in long term and short term investments.
Real Estate – own $78 million of property for the benefit of MUSC.
Other MUSC Support – provide strategic advice and other support to MUSC.
EntityUniversity Medical Associates (UMA) Only Employees and Financials
Cost CenterCC002075 UMA OTHR PAY MUSC Foundation CC
Pay Rate TypeSalary
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, theories and terminology of accounting, banking, budgeting, financial management or investment.
- Knowledge of financial electronic data processing systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to proficiently apply mathematical concepts.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data and reports.
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Organized, inquisitive, diligent, and self-directed.
- Detail oriented.
- High standards of work quality and presentation.
Additional Job Description
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent Work Experience: 2-4 years
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees