MUSCP - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- North Primary Care- North Charleston - Sign On Bonus Available!
Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Nursing, Advanced Practice Providers, & Therapists
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryMUSC Health North
Health North is an Ambulatory Multi-Specialty clinic specializing in patient-centered care in North Charleston, SC. Health North Medical Pavilion offers more than 30 specialty services, including, but not limited to, Cardiology, Dermatology, ENT, Women’s Care, Urology, Radiology, Lab Services, and much more!
Responsible for quality patient care under the direction of a physician or licensed healthcare provider in a clinical practice. Duties to include rooming patients, taking vitals and health history, documenting in an electronic medical record, giving injections and assisting with minor procedures.
EntityCarolina Primary Care Physicians (CPC)
Cost CenterCC000098 CFC PC UMA Primary Care North CC
Pay Rate TypeHourly
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures accurate calibrations, cleaning and scheduled maintenance of clinical/lab equipment as required by OSHA, DHEC and UMA; tracked by documentation.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and any other pertinent information, communicating as appropriate. Document test and exam results. Communicates plan of care to the patient including formal development of patient education materials as necessary.
- Maintains exam room supplies, instruments and cleanliness of patient care environment, as required by OSHA, DHEC and UMA.
- Maintains timely flow of patient, assists with scheduling of appointments and referrals based on urgency and availability. Screens patients for appropriate information and provides patient education as appropriate for diagnosis and treatment.
- Observes, records and reports patient's physical and psychosocial condition, reactions to medication and treatments to physician. Responds to and triages phone calls. Call in orders appropriately as ordered by physician. Instructs patient, as ordered by the physician, regarding treatment and/or medication. Responsible for monitoring and distribution of medication including samples and controlled substances.
- Triages patients and prepares for physician exams and procedures. Assists with exam, procedures and treatments as necessary. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Administers prescribed treatments and tests as ordered by the physician.
- Coordinates clinical functions seeing that CMAs are following all OSHA, DHEC and UMA policies along with office policies.
Additional Job Description
LPN I Minimum Training and Education: Graduate from an accredited Practical Nurse program. Licensed as an LPN within the state of South Carolina or a compact state.
LPN Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: Current South Carolina LPN License or compact state license. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required, either a certification from an American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Providers (or AHA recognized equivalent) or an American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider.
CMA I Required Minimum Training and Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an accredited medical assisting program with one year of patient care experience preferred.
CMA Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: Must be certified through American Medical Technologist (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), National Association of Healthcare Professionals (NAHP), Medical Career Assessments (MedCA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), or National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP). Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required, either a certification from an American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Providers (or AHA recognized equivalent) or an American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider.
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36” to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees