Population Health Engagement Manager
Medical University of South Carolina
- South Carolina
- Management-Business Operations
- Business Operations
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryThe Population Health Engagement Manager will collaborate with the Quality and Safety Managers, clinicians, and subject matter experts to develop programs, create training materials and execute training sessions in support of MUSC Health Alliance goals. The Population Health Engagement Manager will be directly involved with providing support related to functionality and data within Epic as well as related systems in support of Population Health at MUSC Health.
EntityMedical University Hospital Authority (MUHA)
Cost CenterCC005039 SYS - Healthy Planet
Pay Rate TypeSalary
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Reporting to the Director, Value Intelligence and taking direction from the Manager, Quality and Regulatory Reporting, the Population Health Engagement Manager will provide training and support to MUSC Health Leadership and care team members. The Population Health Engagement Manager will collaborate with the Quality and Safety Managers, clinicians, and subject matter experts to develop programs, create training materials and execute training sessions in support of MUSC Health Alliance goals. The Population Health Engagement Manager will be directly involved with providing support related to functionality and data within Epic as well as related systems in support of Population Health at MUSC Health.
The ideal candidate will have experience with value-based care and risk reimbursement models as well as population health programs to support those models. Epic software certification will also be highly valuable for this position.
The primary goal of the Population Health Engagement Manager is to engage directly with MUSC Health Leadership and Practice care team members to provide training and support on the use of reports and workflows in Epic. The Population Health Engagement Manager will host training sessions on various topics, and population health workflows in the Epic platform. Training materials, content and format will be developed by the Population Health Engagement Manager with direction from and collaboration with Information Solutions. The Population Health Engagement Manager will also work directly with practices to triage and solve issues and questions related to Epic, and effectively communicate and manage escalation, when required, to Information Solutions. Experience working directly with providers and practice administrative care team members as well as independently managing multiple training and/or support initiatives is a requirement.
The Population Health Engagement Manager will have direct contact with Leadership throughout the MUSC Health system, and work directly and closely with Providers and practice administrative care team members. The Population Health Engagement Manager must have strong communication and analytical skills to train Population Health software users of all levels, appropriately adjusting delivery of content as required. The Population Health Engagement Manager will work on multiple initiatives, with respective team members, simultaneously to meet the needs of MUSC Health leadership and care team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist in developing training materials and initiatives related to MUSC Population Health goals and the Epic Population Health platform. Implement, manage and execute training programs across the MUSC Health Network of Hospitals and Practices
- Work directly with Providers and care team members both remotely and in-person across the MUSC Health Network
- Point of contact and triage for issues, questions and requests related to the Epic Population Health platform.
- Respond to and solve issues and questions directly or develop plans of action to address issues, including internal escalation and/or collaboration with the Analytics and Epic teams.
- Work independently and collaboratively to provide training, support and guidance to end users of the Epic platform
- Work in collaboration with the Information Solutions team to track and manage issues, requests and develop small project plans for implementation of new initiatives in the Epic platform.
- Monitor support ticket status, prioritize and escalate as required
- Maintain Epic Population Health Platform Enhancement tracker and initiatives
- Assist in development and maintenance of Population Health Platform Knowledgebase
- Monitor Population Health Questions Inbox, identify trends, assist in development and maintenance of FAQ database/documentation
- Provide recommendations to MUSC Health Population Health leadership for continual improvement and maximization of the Epic Population Health platform in the MUSC Health environment.
- Assist in development of training strategy, roadmap and schedule. Build and produce Epic training materials – including PowerPoint presentations, videos, ‘Quick Guides’ and other documentation.
- Work with MUSC Health care team members to coordinate and schedule group and individual trainings
- Provide training and support remotely and in person at corporate locations, business units, hospitals and/or practices throughout the MUSC Health network
- Works with members of the Analytics teams to define problems and clarify objectives, determine data needs and assist in data investigation and design of Epic reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to all MUSC Health Policies.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and providers and stake holders.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to customer service standards.
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Preferred
- 5-8 years in related field.
- Experience with Population Health Management programs as well as with EMRs or other clinical systems is ideal but not required.
- Experience with Epic Analytics and Epic Healthy Planet is ideal but not required.
- Epic certification is ideal but not required.
Additional Job Description
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience: 7 years progressive work experience and 2 years management experience
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees