CT Surgery Outpatient Coordinator
Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Nursing, Advanced Practice Providers, & Therapists
- Full Time
Job Description Summary• CT Surgery In Basket: triage patient
• Assist with pre- and post-op education in clinic and via telephone (e.g., medication questions, sternal precautions, infectious s/sx’s…etc.)
• Maintain up-to-date patient education materials, discharge documentation, office information
• Coordinate with the Structural Heart and Valve Center (SHVC) nurse coordinators about shared cases (e.g., TAVR, MitraClip, Summit trial, ALIVE trial)
• Assist with obtaining outside images for newly referred patients
• Assist with processing new patient referrals in a timely manner.
• Communicate with referring providers and coordinate post-op timing of return to their care
• Coordinate outside lab draws and results (e.g., INR for patients on warfarin)
• Complete FMLA, disability, work release, and other paperwork for APP or attending signatures
EntityMedical University of South Carolina (MUSC - Univ)
Cost CenterCC000966 COM DOM Cardiology CC
Pay Rate TypeHourly
$48,456 - $65,416 - $82,368
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job DescriptionProvides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). Directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice. Provide patient/family centered care using the nursing process and focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of MUSC. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Additional Job Description
- CT Surgery In Basket: triage patient
- Assist with pre- and post-op education in clinic and via telephone (e.g., medication questions, sternal precautions, infectious s/sx’s…etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date patient education materials, discharge documentation, office information
- Coordinate with the Structural Heart and Valve Center (SHVC) nurse coordinators about shared cases (e.g., TAVR, MitraClip, Summit trial, ALIVE trial)
- Assist with obtaining outside images for newly referred patients
- Assist with processing new patient referrals in a timely manner.
- Communicate with referring providers and coordinate post-op timing of return to their care
- Coordinate outside lab draws and results (e.g., INR for patients on warfarin)
- Complete FMLA, disability, work release, and other paperwork for APP or attending signatures
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees