Pharmacy Technician IV - Investigational Drug Services
Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Professional Care and Therapist
- Nursing, Advanced Practice Providers, & Therapists
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryPharmacy Technician IV - Investigational Drug Services
EntityMedical University Hospital Authority (MUHA)
Cost CenterCC004198 CHS - Pharmacy - Ambulatory Services
Pay Rate TypeHourly
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Assists a registered pharmacist with support activities and processes required to dispense medical prescriptions. Collects, inputs, and verifies prescription, refill, and patient information. Receives and stocks incoming supplies. May prepare labels and routine prepacked orders. May be expected to perform some clerical duties relating to the department.
• Sterile IV preparations
• Actively participate in CAR T cell therapy and administration
• Communicate with various members of a study team
• Collect data for various active investigational drug studies
• Receive investigational drug shipments
• Deliver investigational drugs to various medical staff on different hospital floors/locations
• Monitor drug storage conditions/parameters
• Check various drug fills for accuracy
• Communicate with other pharmacy staff members on various research data and SOP’s
• Fill various oral medications
• Communicate via emails to various medical team members about studies
• Setup onsite and remote monitor visits for studies
• Take detailed notes for studies
• Answer phones and collect information via the phones to assist in study coordinati
Additional Job Description
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED), and current registration as a Pharmacy Technician by the State of South Carolina Board of Pharmacy (SCBOP), and national certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required and must be maintained. Additionally, the applicant is required to have an additional area-specific certification (may include but not limited to state certification, compounding certification, etc). Six months of experience as a pharmacy technician is required.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees