Ovatient Director of Finance and Business Development (MCP)
Medical University of South Carolina
- South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Management-Business Operations
- Business Operations
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryAs the Director of Finance and Business Development, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing Ovatient’s financial operations and driving business growth. You will oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting, and analysis, ensuring compliance with financial regulations, and managing cash flow and investments. You will work with the CEO and leadership team in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, strategic partnerships, and revenue streams, as well as evaluating the financial feasibility of new projects and initiatives. You will work with the CEO to pursuing investors, securing funding, and managing financial relationships, while ensuring transparent and timely communication of financial performance. You will serve as a valued member of the leadership team.
EntityMedical University Hospital Authority (MUHA)
Cost CenterCC005002 MCP - Ovatient Telehealth
Pay Rate TypeSalary
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
1. Serves as lead in preparation of various finance, operations, labor, strategic planning and/or business development analyses and standard reporting and dash boarding.
2. Prepares ad hoc strategic and tactical business case analyses including environmental assessments, resource/capability gap analyses, and project valuations.
3. Builds the organization’s strategic and business planning capabilities, including managing public and proprietary databases and creating and updating the following: local market opportunity assessments, service supply and demand analysis, and utilization/financial forecasting.
4. Oversees and collaborates on the creation/monitoring of standard dashboards
5. Prepares utilization and financial analyses on specific clinical and administrative departments, highlighting performance enhancement opportunities.
6. Performs complex statistical analysis of financial, organizational, developmental and/or planning data to identify trends.
7. Demonstrate a deep understanding of healthcare utilization, cost trends, network performance, population risk profiles, and the impact of payment innovations on the quality and cost of care.
8. Oversee contract negotiations, providing financial analytics, forecasts, and risk assessments.
9. Provide strategic leadership within the organization across strategic business partners and customers in areas such as analytics, reporting, performance management methodologies, and operational management of strategic products.
10. Assess the needs and expectations of existing customers, potential prospects, and internal stakeholders through face-to-face meetings and strategic partnerships.
11. Collaborate with senior leaders to develop innovative strategies that support the organization's directives.
12. Monitor the operational performance of Ovatient and Ovatient Technologies’ directing the development of its business cases, financial budgets and providing critical inputs to strategic planning.
13. Assist in the creation and implementation of a strategic plan to achieve the organization's objectives, ensuring effective communication and goal achievement.
14. Manage the development, installation, and improvement of reporting, procedures, and policies to promote effective and standardized daily operations of care delivery.
15. Oversee the acquisition of external payor data to support the organization's initiatives and business development plans.
16. Oversees the acquisition, maintenance and periodic update of proprietary data sources as needed.
17. Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders within the organization to ensure alignment of objectives and strategies.
18. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
· Bachelor’s and/or Masters Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration with focus in finance, strategy and/or healthcare management
· 8 to 10 years of progressive healthcare finance experience
· Working knowledge of healthcare data and the inter-related nature of coding nomenclatures (e.g. DRG’s, ID-9’s, CPT, HCPCS, etc.)
· Experience in requesting and/or extracting data from healthcare information systems
· Experience in payor strategy, finance, and strategy development.
· Solid knowledge of budgeting, business and network development, strategic planning, and complex financial reporting.
· High ethical standards, good judgment, strong operational focus, and strategic vision.
· Track record of leading and/or preparing leadership-ready comprehensive documents in multiple formats (e.g. memos, executive summaries, presentations, workbooks, etc.)
· Experience presenting analytical findings and reports to senior leadership
· Highly polished analytical, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal and written).
· Demonstrated work ethic, self starter, professionalism, meticulousness, adaptability/quick learner and ability to multi-task and a true desire to pursue a career in healthcare administration
· Substantial experience facilitating cross functional teams
· Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent presentation software), and Word with working knowledge of MS Access and/or statistical software packages.
· Experience in healthcare at a senior management level.
· Experience supporting major finance/strategic/business development decisions such as business acquisitions, divestitures, start-ups and/or re-organizations.
· Have worked in digital health
· Have worked in or directly partnered with hospital systems to build, implement, or partner on digital health innovation or virtual care projects.
· Have experience in an early-stage, high-growth company or in a corporate/health care innovation group
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Something looks off?