MUSCP Advanced Practice Provider (APP - NP/PA)- Department of Radiology and Radiological Science/Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Medical University of South Carolina
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Advanced Practitioner
- Nursing, Advanced Practice Providers, & Therapists
- Full Time
Job Description SummaryThe successful applicant will be an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) interested in working full-time and strong emphasis on procedures. This aligns with the continued expansion of APP scope of practice within the divisions APP team. The APP will serve as a dedicated health care professional in the busy and thriving Vascular & Interventional Radiology (VIR) Division that includes seven (7) VIR Radiologists and four (5) APP’s. APP will enhance the continuity of care within VIR for adult and pediatric patients. APP will participate in all patient care with a. Participation in initiatives to enhance patient flow and revenue streams for the division and health system.
EntityUniversity Medical Associates (UMA) Only Employees and Financials
Cost CenterCC001059 COM RAD General CC
Pay Rate TypeSalary
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job Summary/ Purpose: The successful applicant will be an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) interested in working full-time and strong emphasis on procedures. This aligns with the continued expansion of APP scope of practice within the divisions APP team. The APP will serve as a dedicated health care professional in the busy and thriving Vascular & Interventional Radiology (VIR) Division that includes seven (7) VIR Radiologists and four (5) APP’s. APP will enhance the continuity of care within VIR for adult and pediatric patients. APP will participate in all patient care with a. Participation in initiatives to enhance patient flow and revenue streams for the division and health system.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Salaried/Exempt
Hours per week: 40
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Four 10-hour shifts per week, rotating days (This rotation is Monday – Friday. No nights, weekends, or holidays)
Patient Population Focus
Inpatient, Outpatient, First Assist, Procedural Unit, Management/Consultation.
Patient Population Age Range
Required Minimum Training and Experience Training
Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program and currently licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physician Assistant or completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program and currently licensed or eligible for licensure as an APRN as noted below.
APRN License Type/Certification:
- FNP (Family NP): (birth to death) Stable chronic disease state management, primary care across the lifespan.
Preferred Experience: Minimum of 1-year experience with adult and pediatric patients as a PA or NP.
Required Experience: Minimum of 1-year, post training, procedural/critical care experience for the NP.
Degree of Supervision
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant will be assigned a Primary Supervising/Collaborating Physician employed by MUSC and will report directly to this physician.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations
All certifications must be current and complete prior to start date:
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
If applicable, DHEC and DEA license applications must be started prior to first day.
Job Duties (list job tasks)
Provides direct care to patients through the following activities:
- Takes comprehensive history and performs physical examinations
- Evaluates and treats on the basis of history, physical examination, radiological, laboratory, and other diagnostic test results pursuant to the practice agreement or scope of practice guideline
- Performs therapeutic procedures in accordance with procedural privileges, skill and proficiency as approved by the Clinical Division Chief. These procedures will include:
- Performance of image-guided procedures: tunneled and non-tunneled central line placement and removal, port device placement and removal, PCN tube exchange/removal, biliary tube exchange, paracentesis, thoracentesis and G/GJ tube exchange.
- Examine and write orders as directed by their supervising MD for admissions and
consultations requested. Except: Patients presenting with life threatening conditions, requiring
immediate hospitalization or surgery. These patients should be evaluated by a physician.
- Initiates referrals to other health care providers, and/or consults with the attending physician or the collaborating physician
- Documents and bills for direct care provided
- Utilizes current research and evidence-based decision-making in all clinical practice
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization
- Demonstrates responsibility for professional practice through active participation in professional organizations and continuing education
- Potential to precept students at MUSC enrolled as an advanced practice provider student; and facilitates the learning of other new team members
- APRN or PA must maintain licenses, certifications, CNEs/CMEs, etc. as required by applicable policies and state law
- Provide outpatient support by consultations via clinic as well as phone consultation and facilitate appropriate scheduling and follow up care as needed
Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36" to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.
Additional Job Description
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Something looks off?