Sr. Maintenance Manager
KION North America
What we offer:
Comprehensive Employee Benefits
401k Plan with Generous Company Match
Learn More Here: https://www.kion-na.com/about_us/careers/
KION North America is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate Maintenance MAE within company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a well-organized operation utilizing lean maintenance methods.
- Assure that 6S is implemented and instituted within all maintenance related activities.
- Foster a comprehensive PM program which drives continuous machine uptime.
- Implement CMMS systems which track any/all maintenance related activities that promote preventative culture.
- Establish highly motivated and qualified maintenance technicians who can engage and effectively utilize latest troubleshooting techniques on advanced automated German equipment.
- Responsible for establishing sound problem solving techniques using PDCA methodology.
- Assure that PLC and Siemens S7 systems are supported and function properly with proper software updates.
- Understands machining and welding technology in a highly automated environment.
- Establish visual shop floor maintenance management boards which track KPI’s such as OEE which drive an effective problem solving and informed decision-making process.
- Responsible for supporting plant production goals, product quality and all aspects of safety within the workplace.
- Establish and maintain a Spare Parts system to assure minimal downtime and machine effectiveness.
- Set-up an effective Maintenance Service base between Germany and North America to assure reliability and positive MTBR & MTBF.
- Travel to International locations within the KION group to participate in pre/post machine qualifications.
- Implement maintenance cross training internally & externally between the KION groups to fully capture synergies.
- Maintain a positive work environment including professional employee training and accountability regarding individual goals.
- Effectively Communicate with German equipment suppliers and German technicians to diagnose issues.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and foster a performance-based culture.
- Schedule and conduct staff meetings to ensure consistent communication of company objectives, policies and procedures
Tasks and Qualifications:
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree and technical expertise. Advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing; ideally in building industrial vehicles, machinery, or automotive environment.
- 10+ years troubleshooting equipment and machine maintenance related experience.
- Solid experience with implementing lean principles, process, and material flow optimization
- Strong leadership skills and positive attitude.
- Multi-lingual; Strong in German speaking language.
- Proficient decision making and structured problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with high volume machine automation and German manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills at all organizational levels
- Good understanding of ERP systems, SAP is a plus.