ME Technician - CB Lines
KION North America
Summerville, SC, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Support day to day operations on the CB truck assembly line with troubleshooting skills necessary to resolve issues with truck assemblies. Create and update work instructions to support the EC and continuous improvement processes. Resolve assembly, process, tooling and instructional issues that arise during daily assembly operations.
What we offer:
- Serves as the primary focal point for manufacturing operations regarding engineering and technical related issues. Act as the Liaison between the Engineering lab, R&D Engineering, and Operations.
- Understands and can translate/coordinate SQR’s and EC’s for any given product type.
- Works directly with the Rework Dept within operations, or Supplier Quality to assist with rework requirements on controllers, software, wire harnesses, ID systems, or other 3rd party software.
- Provides technical assistance and drawing interpretation to manufacturing operations related to electrical systems.
- Works with hardware and software related to the electrical systems of truck operation, for example; “flash” controllers with software, and change parameter settings for the various functions of a forklift.
- Handles Industrial Engineering related issues, such as Work Instruction improvements, and time studies.
- Understands and is directly involved in eliminating waste within the Value Stream.
- Acts as the primary resource for CI efforts associated with the value stream.
- Takes an active role in cross-training within the assembly areas.
- Understands and coordinates SAP routings.
- Understands and troubleshoots smart systems such as Linde Connect on all material handling equipment.
- Works in a team environment by providing corrective actions and continuous improvement ideas (especially cost savings).
- Understands Lean Principles and 6S concepts.
- Investigates and troubleshoots electrical systems on forklifts as well as other facilities related equipment within Operations (fans, motors, air compressors, Atlas-Copco Torque tools).
- Communicates revisions or new releases to the team leads or supervisors.
- Examines and diagnoses electrical schematics or drawings.
- Uses and understands Diagnostic related programs (Pathfinder, Zapi, etc) to troubleshoot equipment.
- Handles and understands test equipment such as multimeters, voltage and current readings.
- Develops a fundamental knowledge on matters relating to various industrial truck and equipment standards including ANSI, UL and internal company engineering standards.
- Analyzes and provides written disposition of production discrepancies relating to engineering. Knowledge of both production and design processes including repair methods will be required.
- Acts decisively, producing innovative solutions and demonstrating resourcefulness.
- Supports other operations as workload requirements dictate.
Tasks and Qualifications:
- Familiar with and a working knowledge of computers and the entire Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Automobile or truck mechanic experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the use and application of multimeters, various test equipment, handsets and PC’s during troubleshooting operations.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to travel to suppliers or customer sites to instruct or correct electrical/software issues.
- Familiar with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice
- Ability to operate a crane and forklift safely
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or AS degree in Engineering related electrical field….OR
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in electrical trade or electrical experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- PLC trade school or PLC related training/experience is preferred.