Environmental Lab Technician
Job Family Group:Quality
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Conduct mill sampling, laboratory testing and laboratory equipment maintenance.
- Calibration as required in the support of the operating groups and the with State and Federal Governmental Agency regulations.
- Assist in trials, quality testing and evaluations for production optimization.
- Conduct and report environmental tests for wastewater samples.
- Make standard solutions for testing
- Pulp Quality Analysis.
- Use various wet chemical or physical testing.
- Calibrate and program operational paper test equipment.
- Do quality control testing for test equipment.
- Sample, test and prepare reports for various routine operating balances.
- Various environmental laboratory and field tests.
- Liquor testing.
- Recovery Boiler Methanol testing.
- Consistency Checks for all Paper and Pulp mill meters.
- Ordering lab equipment and supplies .
- Altering work schedule to accommodate routine operating needs and maintain highest productivity.
- Setting up and calibrating equipment.
What you need to succeed:
- At Least 2 years of college or technical education graduate or equivalent. Course work in chemistry or chemical engineering and physics preferred.
- At least 5 years technical experience required, 3 years of which are in a laboratory environment. Must be able to work alone.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.