Process Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Job Family Group:Engineering
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
In Ingevity’s Engineering Internship program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to apply your problem-solving and technical skills to increase safety, efficiency, reliability and productivity in our manufacturing environments. You’ll have the chance to tackle real world, value-added projects that support production and project engineering throughout a plant. In this role, safety and teamwork are key as you innovate and improve processes and troubleshoot problems.
Ingevity’s Engineering Summer Internship Program is a one-term program in the Summer term and typically ranges in average length of 12-14 weeks.
Ingevity is hiring for multiple locations may have positions open in any of the following cities. By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations and seasons with open positions in the United States. This includes:
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Waynesboro, Georgia
- Covington, Virginia
- Wickliffe, Kentucky
- Crossett, Arkansas
Please note, you will have the opportunity to provide your preferences for season and location in your application will be subject to availability and business need.
Anticipated start dates for Ingevity’s internships are between May-June (2024)
What will you gain in the Engineering Internship Program?
- Hands on engineering experience in the chemical and materials manufacturing industry
- Experience solving complex technical challenges with a diverse team
- Developmental and mentorship opportunities with technical and industry experts
- Develop invaluable project leadership skills
- Network with industry leaders throughout the organization
- Learn about diverse and exciting career opportunities across Ingevity’s lines of business
- Housing assistance is available for eligible candidates who would be relocating more than 50 miles from their primary residence
What you need to succeed:
- Students currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree granting program with a major in Engineering with an expected graduation date from May 2025 to May 2026.
- Students should have completed at least one semester/quarter/trimester of engineering coursework related to their major before starting as the internship and at least one semester/quarter/trimester of study left in their academic coursework following the internship.
- Remain in good academic standing in your program of study throughout the internship experience
- Technical aptitude, a hands-on mindset and software proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and get excited about troubleshooting technical challenges
- Enthusiasm for collaborating and solving problems in a diverse team environment
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize projects and responsibilities independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Shares a sincere commitment to Ingevity’s culture of safety, sustainability and integrity
- Flexibility to travel under 5%
This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
- Previous internship(s) or work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment (preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree majors in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with an anticipated graduation date on/before August 2025 (i.e. a rising Senior at the time of the internship).
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the academic year (September – May). For an update on the status of your application or to confirm your application was submitted correctly, please log-in to your Ingevity Careers candidate account at https://ingevity.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Ingevity.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.