Job Family Group:Finance
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
Ingevity is seeking a confident, self-motivated accounting associate for its plant accounting group. This is a vitally important position within a dynamic business. During the initial 6-12 months, this position will be 100% on-site, physically located in the plant. After initial onboarding and training is complete, considerations can be made to transition into a hybrid role. This position could also potentially offer promising opportunity for professional growth and career advancement.
In this role, you will be depended on for supporting the plant accounting and production teams in North Charleston. The main areas of focus will be weekly timekeeping, processing and assisting with accounts payable processing and receiving, and working with plant accounting on production entry, verification, and reporting. This is a “hands on” role for someone who works well with all levels of employees. You must be comfortable working collaboratively in a high-performance production culture and adept at driving improvements within our existing systems and functions.
We’re looking for a strong team player who will help take our business to its next level of innovation and growth. If you’re excited about the opportunity to make a difference in a growing global business and passionate about pursuing challenging and rewarding career growth with us, we’d love to talk with you.
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Continuous interaction with Operations personnel concerning the accuracy of production paperwork and problem resolution; COGI error resolution, production order confirmation review, and raw material/activity reconciliation in SAP.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and reconciliation of inventory. Assist with monthly physical count reconciliations and assist with off-site inventory. Ownership of inventory transfer process between locations.
- Administer local Accounts Payable using Coupa and coordinating receipts into SAP. In addition, be the go-to person for AP issues and troubleshooting to find resolutions.
- Timekeeper for the local plant. Weekly responsible for maintaining the accuracy of data within the Kronos time and attendance system, ensuring correct hours, rates, and payroll rules are accurately applied.
- Support month-end closing processes to include SAP production order reconciliation, inventory reconciliation, and analysis of variance accounts.
- Consistently look for opportunities for improvement in financial practices and devise & strongly participate to implement solutions.
What you need to succeed:
- An associate or undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting/Finance and 2 years’ experience in accounting or 4 years’ experience in lieu of degree required.
- Preferred 2 years in financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing inventory is required
- Payroll experience is strongly preferred
- Work experience with a large company ERP, SAP preferred.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new programs and systems.
- Strong drive to analyze and deliver opportunities for improvement within business financial management systems.
- Exceptional ability to work well with all levels of employees.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.