Research Chemist, Personal Care
Job Family Group:Sales and Business Development
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people’s lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person’s unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we’d love for you to join Ingevity!
Get to know our organization by watching this video: Ingevity Overview
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Identify industry specific requirements, unmet customer needs, and key growth drivers.
- Set project priority and timeline, work closely with the global Oleo and Industrial Specialty teams to design, and execute experiments and with on-time delivery.
- Conduct business potential evaluation and secure new business development opportunities either by launching new products or marketing existing products.
- Motivate and inspire creativity and manage abstract concepts and ideas.
- Coordinate activities with the Ingevity Oleo and Industrial Specialty global teams including sales / marketing, production and other technical resources including external testing contractors such as universities and third-party contract test labs to plan and develop applications data.
- Partner with commercial leadership and other functions to build technical strategies and business plans enabling Ingevity capitalize on opportunities in new markets including Personal Care, Household/Industrial/Institutional Cleaning and/or Cosmetics.
- Design and execute Personal Care, Household/Industrial/Institutional Cleaning and/or, Cosmetics using Ingevity co-formulants in various formulation types.
- Interface with research, business, manufacturing, marketing, regulatory, and quality functions regarding project updates and product advancement.
- Act as a liaison with external customer’s technology groups and provide technical support including presentations to diverse audiences globally on an as needed basis.
- Travel up to 25% including international travel.
What you need to succeed:
- PhD in organic and/or polymer chemistry and other similar principles preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in successfully leading and growing a technical team in a commercial environment.
- Minimum 5 years of new product development and technical service experience in the Oleochemical, Personal Care, Household/Industrial/Institutional Cleaning and/or Cosmetics industry; experience in the development and application of new formulations and/or new ingredients including dispersants, surfactants etc. from idea to commercialization
- Experience in surfactant chemistry and organic/polymer synthesis preferred.
- Excellent analytical and creative thinking skills, strong problem-solving capabilities, and an ability to work across skill levels to effectively communicate and champion value of the work.
- An ability to work on cross-functional and international teams and adapt well to change in a complex corporate and market environment.
- An ability to translate the performance of Ingevity products into customer valued benefits; An ability to translate customer unmet needs into product development projects for our businesses through structure-properties relationship interpretations.
- Strong commitment to and knowledge of safety and Responsible Care.
- Demonstrated history of patent and IP protection knowledge.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
- This role is eligible for relocation assistance.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect – a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.