Home Telephone Company
Home Telecom is one of the largest independently owned telecom companies in South Carolina, serving various counties since 1904. Home Telecom is a rapidly growing company serving the Greater Charleston community including areas in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties. Home Telecom provides innovative technology through our state-of-the-art Fiber deployments to provide high-speed Internet, HD Video, Security, Home Automation, and Phone services to a mix of commercial, industrial, business, and residential customers. Our team of highly trained employees are all committed to being the best and easy-to-do-business-with company. At Home Telecom, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of continuous improvement that celebrates integrity, innovative thinking, and dedication to consistently exceeding customer expectations.
JOB SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE
Maintains mechanical equipment and structures, including environmental systems and emergency power generators.
Maintains buildings and grounds. May construct outbuildings and storage sheds. May assist plant maintenance technicians. Duties may include welding, machining, machine and equipment repair, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Carpentry, painting, electrical, welding, machine and equipment repairing, plumbing, insulation, drywall, ceiling (drywall and acoustical), countertop and floor covering work, and roof work. Installation and maintenance of water filtering systems and sewer for facilities. Coordinate tests on backflow prevention valves on water systems, and fire protection systems. Coordinate pest extermination for all facilities, and supervise all jobs and activities in the building and maintenance department, which includes planning and estimating materials and time. Record keeping on all work performed.
- Installation of conduit, templates, concrete, and pulling cable for access nodes, cross-connect Boxes, CATV access nodes, and CATV power supply cabinets. Installation and testing of ground fields for access nodes, exchange buildings, and other equipment. Install pull boxes and conduit connections along highways, running conduit, and pulling cable into commercial buildings. Running conduit and pulling power entrance cable from units to transformers on power poles and on the ground and wiring up meter boxes. Install and wiring power panels and meter boxes on access nodes. Install and wire power peds for equipment with no meter available. Installation, maintenance, and performing preventive maintenance for HVAC units, installing back-boards in schools and businesses for key systems. Install and maintain sprinkler system for irrigation. Perform repairs to residential structures damaged by HTC and CATV. Coordinate any paving, sealing, or striping of parking lots.
- Other duties as directed by management.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer one (1) year of related experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for South Carolina with a safe driving record.
Home Telecom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. EOE