Senior Accountant - Headquarters
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Oversees the Headquarters financial planning activities by monitoring and analyzing and providing variance commentary on monthly operating results as compared to forecasts and budgets.
- Maintains the timely completion and distribution of financial reports to clients and key business leaders, assists in resolving discrepancies and variances in actuals-to-budget, and responds to requests, questions, and issues related to the ongoing financial performance of the Headquarters parent level.
- Contributes to the annual business planning and budgeting process for each Headquarters function by managing historic and predictive financial data, as well as managing budget and financial models.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, invoices and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary. Approves and authorizes exceptions to bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
- Follows accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, establishes workflows for effective and efficient completion of tasks, and implements process and procedural improvements to streamline work, increase productivity, and maintain service and quality excellence.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to write and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, internal and external auditors, and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and corporate accounting and job cost accounting programs in order to complete required reports. Oracle experience preferred.
- Demonstrated professional skills sufficient to handle sensitive information and interaction with business leadership.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- College degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred.
- Oracle experience preferred.
- CPA Designation preferred.
Work location is Hybrid between our Charleston office & Remote.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.