Senior Corporate Accountant
- Prepare journal entries to record expense accruals, prepaid amortization, expense reclasses and various adjustments to the general ledger.
- Review and post revenue accruals provided by fund accounting and analyze against budget.
- Review incoming intercompany transactions for proper coding and prepare outgoing intercompany transactions for approval.
- Analyze general ledger activity and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a weekly/daily basis.
- Perform cash management functions including reconciling bank accounts in Oracle, preparing domestic and international wire transfers, and working to resolve issues with the treasury department.
- Review employee expense reports for accurate GL coding and provide support for expense related questions.
- Maintain current organizational charts for various departments.
- Assist with coding invoices and travel expenses, organizing high volumes of billback support, and researching issues.
- Provide support to other team members, business managers, and various internal departments to ensure timely completion of accounting processes.
- Seek opportunities for synergy, improvement, simplification and automation of existing processes and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Employment history that demonstrates the knowledge, application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Exceptional communication, customer service, problem-solving and analytical skills utilized in effectively collaborating with team members at all levels throughout the organization as well as 3rd party consultants.
- Experience with Oracle ERP (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in spreadsheet development, manipulation, analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to create and generate spreadsheets and reports
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Positive “can do” attitude with desire to learn, train and develop in the role
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.