Manufacturing Engineer, PCBA
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Mexico.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in PCBA, L10 High Level Assembly (HLA) manufacturing.
- Experience qualifying Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment, processes, and HLA.
- Experience leading manufacturing partner initiatives.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB).
About the job
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools, and procedures behind Google search technology. You will collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work will ensure the various pieces of Google infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the development, qualification and continuous improvement of PCBA, L10, and process solutions at partner sites globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Define, develop, qualify, and optimize manufacturing processes.
- Oversee and approve manufacturing process changes and ensure manufacturing standards are defined and complied with by Contract Manufacturers (CMs).
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) builds and ensure production readiness at existing CMs.
- Provide Google support and triage of manufacturing interrupts, escalations, and risks.
- Identify Design for Excellence (DFX) opportunities and communicate lessons learned from manufacturing builds.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?