COURT SUPPORT SPECIALIST -Part-time
The purpose of the class is to perform routine clerical work in the preparation and maintenance of department records; to perform a variety of clerical tasks as assigned; and to provide professional and courteous customer service at all times. The class works within a general outline of work to be performed and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Prepares, processes, copies, indexes, files, transmits and/or maintains various departmental documents.
• Ensures the security and confidentiality of files as appropriate.
• May collect fines, fees and payments; issues receipts.
• May maintain records, prepare forms, verify information and resolve routine problems.
• May answer telephone and direct visitors to the appropriate location.
• May type letters, memos and other correspondents for the appropriate office or department.
• May be responsible for the hard copy or electronic filing system within the office in terms of categorizing, classifying and organizing information and data.
• May be required to perform general computation such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• May tabulate, post and verify information as requested.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
• Assists with Bond Court.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED.
Requires at least one (1) year of related work experience.
Dorchester County has the right to revise this job description at any time. This
description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but employees must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and must work up to 30 hour each week. Employees must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays during emergencies or as requested.