TITLE ABSTRACTOR - REANNOUNCED
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS BEING REANNOUNCED. PREVIOUS APPPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Announcement may close prior to posted closing date if highly qualified applicant is located.
The purpose of the class is to perform a variety of moderately complex clerical work in the preparation and maintenance of department records, to perform a variety of clerical tasks as assigned, and to provide professional and courteous customer service at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Prepares, processes, copies, indexes, files, transmits and/or maintains various departmental documents.
· Verifies and transfers property ownership.
· Enters data into the computer system to show accurate ownership of real property.
· Researches property descriptions using GIS software to make sure parcels are correct.
· Researches ownership of multiple owners to make sure they still have a deeded interest.
· Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits a variety of documents, which includes deeds, property cards, millage sheets, use class codes, edit sheets, tax bills, sales survey letters, monthly reports, income receipts, various forms, etc. Prepares, mails and files or indexes any correspondence to citizens regarding any issues in the transfer of property due to incorrect or inadequate information in the recorded documents.
· Audits and ensures the security and confidentiality of files as appropriate.
· Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information, and resolves moderately complex problems.
· Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc.
· Resolves moderately complex issues regarding departmental operations. May tabulate, post, and verify information as requested.
· Assists co-workers with clerical duties as necessary.
· Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent pertaining to departmental activities.
· Performs other related job duties as assigned.
All County employees are considered public servants for the citizens of Dorchester County. When requested before, during, or after an emergency event, County employees are expected to work and serve the public in coping with the emergency.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED supplemented by education as a para-legal or a closely related field. Associate degree preferred.
Requires at least two (2) years of experience with tax laws, title searching, deeds and plats. or two (2) years of experience conducting research in which applicable federal or state laws or regulations were adhered.
May require special certifications as required by the Department Manager.