E-911 Addressing Coordinator -RE-ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SUMMERVILLE, SC.
Previous applicants need not re-apply and will receive consideration.
The purpose of the class is to review and process plats of property to ensure compliance with subdivision and zoning regulations; research and review property records (i.e. site-plan review); review and provide comments on Exempt and Minor Plats; serve as E-911 addressing coordinator; process and review permits; maintain department GIS and prepare reports and informal zoning maps for planning staff and public. The class works within a general outline of work to be performed and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
• Reviews and processes subdivision plats to ensure compliance with subdivision and zoning regulations
• Assists customers on the phone and front counter.
• Prepares informal zoning maps for planning staff and public using Geographic Information System (GIS).
• Reviews, processes and assigns E-911 addresses for unincorporated Dorchester County and smaller municipalities (Harleyville, Reevesville, Ridgeville, St. George) for emergency response/public safety and building/construction activity.
• Maintains address ranges and roads within West Safety Services /Intrado, the 9-1-1 and emergency infrastructure systems and services to telecommunications service providers and government public safety agencies (includes all major U.S. wireline, wireless and VoIP carriers).
• Researches tax maps and related documentation for zoning information and set-backs.
• Reviews and processes permits for mobile homes, accessory structures, and similar permits.
• Compiles data; reviews and recommends the approval of Exempt and Minor plats.
• Updates and maintains parcel information within the GIS database for use and analysis by planners, engineers and others; prepares specialized GIS mapping products and convert existing maps and data to the correct digital format for inclusion in GIS system.
• Assists in the review and amendment of ordinances related to planning and zoning functions.
• Explains, interprets and provides guidance regarding applicable codes and compliance requirements to contractors, engineers, architects, developers, property owners and others.
• Maintains a variety of logs and records. Receives and responds to public inquiries, concerns and complaints regarding assigned cases and general department procedures.
• Tracks data and statistics and prepares reports for use by the department.
• Performs general clerical work as required including, but not limited to, preparing reports and correspondence, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, answering the telephone, etc.
• Attends training, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc., to enhance job knowledge and skills.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
Associate degree with emphasis in engineering technology, drafting, GIS technology, planning or a closely related field.
Requires at least two (2) years of related work experience.
Must possess a valid state driver's license.