This position will be located at the new Ashley River location to open 4/1/2024.
The purpose of the class is to perform para-professional library work in assigned service or administrative area of the Library, and to perform routine library functions, and clerical work as required. The class is given a general outline of work to be performed and is free to develop work methods and sequences; work is reviewed periodically by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Handles day to day installation, maintenance, upgrades, minor repairs and troubleshooting of the Library’s hardware and software, peripherals and technology-related areas. Suggests replacements as necessary.
• Provides assistance in use of equipment and software to both patrons and staff.
• Assists with technology training and support software and hardware; assists with new staff orientation. Creates and administers training to staff when requested by management.
• Supports network security for public and staff computers.
• Maintains accurate and complete work records, including working with Help Desk software to maintain documentation of reported problems.
• Completes scheduled on-call weekend rotations based on departmental schedule.
• Keeps supervisor informed of all issues and concerns encountered.
• Provides pro-active customer service in assisting patrons in all areas of the library.
• Performs general administrative/clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, entering, and retrieving computer data, copying, and filing document, answering the telephone, etc.
• Attends trainings, meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in computer technology or a closely related field.
Valid state driver’s license
IT certifications preferred.
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.