Lineman-Apprentice - Summerville, SC - Multiple Levels
Dominion Energy Transmission
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined below will be considered for this opportunity.
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Dominion Energy South Carolina has an opening for an Apprentice Linemen for Electric Distribution Operations in the Summerville Office. The position will be filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with the construction, operation and maintenance of overhead and underground electric lines on our distribution system.
- Regularly climb and work from utility poles and other tall structures
- Safely handle heavy/bulky equipment and materials
- Be available to respond to callouts and urgent needs 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Work outside in inclement weather conditions
- Consistently adhere to safety rules to work in proximity of high and low voltage electric equipment
- Successfully complete the four (4) year apprenticeship training program which includes both written and hands-on instruction
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Minimum Requirements (Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will be considered one year towards the qualifications):
Will consider previous experience as outlined (must provide previous training documentation):
- 0 – 3 years of directly related experience (starting at $24.86/hour, Step 1 in apprentice program)
- 3 – 5 years of line worker experience and training* (starting at $29.05/hour, Step 3 in apprentice program)
- 5+ years of line worker experience and training* (starting at $38.11/hour, Thereafter step in apprentice program)
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Valid driver's license with a good driving history
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL-Class A) within six (6) months of hire
- Excellent physical condition, strong mechanical skills, and the ability to work long hours during emergency or storm restoration situations.
- Be available to work after hours, scheduled overtime, and callout work.
- Live within a 20-mile radius (or 30-minute drive) of the position’s service territory/work location within 6 months of hire
- Be physically and mentally capable of climbing and working from utility poles.
Completion of high school or equivalent (i.e., GED) is required.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving history.
Commercial Driver's License (CDL-Class A) or ability to obtain one within six months of hire.
Other Working Conditions
Work outside in inclement weather conditions.
Physical Skills Assessment
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.