- Directs and coordinates safe manufacturing activities so that engineered products are manufactured on schedule within quality and cost objectives.
- Develops and recommends company manufacturing policy; establishes manufacturing policies; and directs and supervises the application of such policies.
- Lead the manufacturing team with responsibility in Safety; Quality - rework reduction; Delivery - throughput improvement; Cost - lean manufacturing, 6S and quality improvement initiatives through the development, implementation and monitoring of leader standard work; and Employee Development / Training.
- Coordinates the execution of manufacturing schedules based on customer delivery schedules, sales requirements and plant capacity.
- Directs preparation of cost control reports, cost estimates and manpower requirement forecasts.
- Directs the preparation of specifications for purchase as to safety, quality, quantity, delivery and service required for purchase of plant equipment, supplies and materials to meet production schedules.
- Supervise employees including the interpretation and administration of company policies. Maintain compliance to business policies and procedures pertaining to safety, housekeeping and work habits.
- Plans and coordinates work assignments in support of production plans. Develop and implement plans to eliminate work backlog and support achievement of balance workload.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work based on production schedules and available resources.
- Maintains records including labor activities, attendance, skills inventory, shop performance, and budgets.
- Ensures the product is manufactured to specifications and procedures under the guidelines of verbatim compliance to work instructions.
- Plans and controls the implementation of new technologies and techniques that enhance efficiency and quality.
- Support individual training programs based on the assessment of individual skills inventories.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent mix of working experience/education. An advanced degree in business and/or an engineering discipline is a plus.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of experience in a manufacturing environment focused on machining and welding trade skills
- Seven (7) years of experience in a managerial level
- Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
No unsolicited agency submittals please. Agency partners must be invited to participate in a search by our and have signed terms in place prior to any submittal. Resumes submitted directly to any Curtiss-Wright employee or affiliate will not qualify for fee payment, and therefore become the property of Curtiss-Wright.
This position may require exposure to export-controlled information and subject to additional security screening. In the event information provided during the security screening reveals ineligibility to access export-controlled information, any offer of employment may be reconsidered or withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.